27th July 2021
To: All Mandate Members – Dunnes Sligo Cranmore
Re: Shop Steward and Deputy Shop Steward’s Elections
I hope this correspondence finds you and yours safe and well.
Further to nominations being sought for the positions of Deputy Shop Steward, we have completed the nominations exercise as per the stated deadline date and many apologies for only getting back to you now.
As you may be aware your Shop Steward Pat Mc Cartney is due to retire in a few months and has suggested that we use this opportunity to elect not only the Deputy Shop Stewards but also his replacement. Given that we have 3 nominees for the positions we will now be running an election for the Shop Steward Role with the two runners up taking the Deputy roles.
The electoral process for the above is as follows:-
- Ballots can be obtained from your Shop Steward Pat.
- Each Member has one casting vote and must sign for their ballot paper.
- Please select your choices by marking the box beside each of the nominees in order 1st to 3rd, 1st being your preferred choice to hold the position.
- The ballots must be returned to Pat by 12 noon on Tuesday the 3rd August 2020.
- The results will be announced following a count in the Galway Office.
Ciaran and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Pat for all his assistance and support to the Union and its Members during his time as Shop Steward, I’m sure you would all agree that he has done a great job representing workers over the years.
Please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned if you have any queries with regard to the contents of this correspondence on 0873674257 or by emailing email@example.com .
Good luck to all the candidates.