To: All Staff Reps & Activists
Re: ‘The Delegate’ – Newsletter of the Bray & District Council of Trade Unions
Date: 7th April 2022
Attached is the March 2022 issue of the Bray & District Council’s newsletter ‘The Delegate’ which may be of interest to you.
The articles in this issue are as follows:
- Council calls for temporary reduction in VAT on energy costs.
- Call for school-based Mental Health supports for Primary school children.
- Mary Diskin is re-elected as President for a second term.
- They are ‘Civilised’ and ‘Look like us’. The racist coverage of Ukraine.
- ‘The Relentless Assault of the Powerful’.
- Bray to Rathdrum ‘Hunger March’ – January 1937; Those who marched.
- In October 1911, James Larkin addressed a large crowd in the People’s Park, Bray.
Michael Meegan, Divisional Organiser
Barbara Anderson, Industrial Officer