14th January 2021
To: All Members Dunnes Douglas Court
From: Frances Crotty, Organiser
087 9968984 email@example.com
Re: Covid 19 Protocols in Store
Your Shop Steward and other members of Mandate Trade Union have approached Store Management to improve Covid 19 measures within your store.
Below please find copy of letter given to Declan Flanagan.
Continue to help build your Union by asking non-members to join at
12 January 2021
Dunnes Douglas Court
Given the current climate with a third new strain of the virus being detected and Ireland now No.1 globally with cases per capita, we the staff of Dunnes Douglas Court call on Dunnes store management to immediately address the following urgent Health and Safety concerns around reducing the risk and transmission of Covid-19.
1. Reduce customer admittance quotas to levels allowed at the beginning of the Pandemic. The current numbers being allowed in store at the moment is not allowing for safe social distancing and floor staff no longer feel safe working in aisles because of long queues for checkouts. If customer numbers are not controlled staff may need to leave overcrowded aisles to work in safer areas.
2. Inform customers on entering the store that mask wearing is mandatory in store, unless due to medical reasons, as cited in S.I.296 Health Act 2020. Currently too many customers are entering the store without masks and they are not being asked to wear one.
3. Encourage and permit all staff the opportunity to wash their hands at regular scheduled intervals as was implemented during the first lockdown 2020 and without any fear of disciplinary sanction for doing so even at busy periods.
4. Reinstate Covid-19 related signage prominently to again raise customer awareness. In particular around the checkout area stating one customer per checkout at any one time.
5. Reinstate the regular cleaning of baskets, trollies, door handles and checkouts as implemented in first lockdown 2020.
We look forward to your immediate consideration and implimentation of the items listed above for the protection of the staff and customers.