18th September 2023
The National Executive Council will award thirty (30) Gaeltacht College Grants to cover 100% of the course fees and accommodation up to a maximum of 22 days in Irish Colleges during the summer of 2024. The Grants will be awarded on a lottery basis i.e. all applications will be entered into the draw and the first thirty (30) names drawn will be awarded 100% of their fees.
The Grants will be awarded under the following conditions:
- If your nominee is successful in the draw but is unable to attend the scholarship course available and if notice of cancellation is not received in time to pass the vacant spot on to another child, the original winner will be obliged to pay for the course in full.
- Grants are for children, sisters and brothers of members of MANDATE who are benefit members as at 1st January 2023. Benefit members are those who are not more than eight (8) weeks in arrears with contributions at that date.
- Children must be between the ages of 10 and 18 years.
- Extracurricular activities and transport are not covered by the grant.
- Applications must be made on the official form provided, each form to cover one child only.
- Only one application per child is allowed.
- Grants will be awarded by means of a draw which will take place at a date and time to be decided by the National Executive Council.
- Closing date for applications will be Friday 20th October 2023. Applications received after that date will not be eligible for the draw.
- The decision of the Executive Council on all matters relating to this scheme shall be final.
- Grants will not be transferable.
Application Form: Click Here or alternatively contact Mandate Cork at 021 4270101 to request an application form be sent to you by post.
Completed application forms should be returned to Mandate Trade Union, IBS House, 1-2 Emmet Place, Cork City, TI2 VF43 to reach us by close of business on Friday 20th October 2023.
Pearse McCarthy, Divisional Organiser.
John O’Donnell, Industrial Officer Organiser.