To: All Mandate Members – Heatons / SportsDirect / Brand Max
Re: Meeting with Company 18th November 2020
18th November 2020
A meeting took place today between the National Negotiating Team and company representatives this morning regarding the pay and benefits claim for 2020, these negotiations were delayed by Covid-19.
This was the first meeting between the parties and it was agreed that a further meeting will take place as soon as possible. We will keep all members informed as to any developments and progress.
Please find below a copy of correspondence sent to the company regarding the claim.
For Mandate Trade Union,
21st October 2020
Mr. Tiernan Doherty,
Re: Heatons/Mandate National Agreement
Dear Mr. Doherty,
As you are aware, our Heatons/Mandate National Agreement 2018 expired on the 31st March 2020. Following on from a meeting of our National Negotiation Team on Monday, 19th October 2020, where the results of the Heatons Staff Survey was discussed, the following claim has been formulated. It is understandable that meetings to-date have not taken place due to Covid 19, however, we are seeking a meeting to discuss the following:
1. A claim for a general increase in pay together with a review of the pay scale.
2. A review of average hours to ensure that staff contracts provide stability and reflect
working hours by way of Banded Hour Contract or an amendment to existing Contract to
reflect actual hours worked.
3. A review of Banded Hour Contracts.
4. A claim for a two week roster.
5. A review of the 5 Star Scheme in Sports and the Sales Incentive Scheme in Heatons/Brand Max.
6. A review of Security for all Stores.
7. Covid-19 Guidelines and Health and Safety.
8. Union Induction Meetings.
In advance of our meeting, it would be helpful if you would provide the number of employees who are on a Banded Contract, a breakdown of the Bands of Hours and the number of employees on each Band. The breakdown of the annual pay-out for each Store for the 5 Star Scheme in Sport and the Sales Incentive Scheme in Heatons/Brand Max.
I would appreciate if you would contact me to arrange a date to meet in order to discuss the above.
I look forward to hearing from you.