To: All Mandate Trade Union Members
Re: Further Education Bursary Scheme 2021 – 2022
From: Robert Mc Namara, John Callan & Eoin Griffin
Date: 20th September 2021
We hope this correspondence finds you safe and well.
Please see below correspondence from Mr. Jonathan Hogan, Mandate National Co-ordinator, with regard to the Further Education Bursary Scheme 2021 / 2022.
If you wish to submit an application please phone 018870728 or email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a hard copy or click here, enter your details and we will post an application form to you. Upon receipt of the application form, please complete all relevant sections and return in the prepaid envelope provided.
Alternatively you can download the application form by clicking here https://tinyurl.com/uynz5a6s . Please print this form, complete all relevant sections and return the form to:
Ms Rebecca O Sullivan
Further Education Bursary Scheme
Mandate Trade Union
9 Cavendish Row
If you have any questions or queries with regard to same please do not hesitate to contact your relevant Mandate Official below.
Robert Mc Namara, Divisional Organiser
John Callan, Industrial Officer
Eoin Griffin, Industrial Officer
The National Executive Council will provide a Bursary Scheme under specific conditions to members who wish to attend further education or classes in the academic years 2021/2022.
The conditions are as follows:
1. Applicants must be a current full member of Mandate Trade Union for a minimum of six months prior to the closing date for applications. In addition, if successful in their application, they must be a full member of Mandate when the payment of the bursary is due.
2. Preference will be given to applicants with a record of union activism at the various committee levels and who have enrolled in courses covering trade union or business studies. Members should provide details of union activism in the relevant section on the application form. This element of the application requires sign off from your local Union Official. Failure to receive sign off will result in your application not being processed, therefore please ensure to return your application form to your local union office in the first instance.
3. The Bursary;
3.1 Will apply to course fees for a maximum of one year for any approved course/module(s)
3.2 Will only cover course/tuition fees
3.3 May not be used to fund materials, travel, equipment or any other costs associated with your studies
3.4 Is non-transferable
3.5 Cannot be used in conjunction with any other union funding of a course of studies
4. Applications for grants for courses or classes on leisure activities will not be considered.
5. Applications for CAO courses will not be considered.
6. Fees for the courses in question must be paid and the receipt attached. No application will be considered in the absence of a receipt. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the appropriate documentation is attached to their application.
7. Applicants must declare that they are not in receipt of double funding before the bursary is paid to the individual.
8. Once applicants meet the eligibility requirements above and depending on the number of applications they will be entered into a draw. The number of successful applicants drawn will be based on the designated size of the bursary fund made available by the National Executive Council.
9. Any draw will be overseen by a member of the National Executive Committee and an independent witness.
10. All or any payment made will be at the discretion of the National Executive Council.
11. To ensure the continued participation by members who are awarded grants in the courses selected, the National Executive Council reserve the right to pay any grant sanctioned in two or more instalments or as may be decided. It is expected that successful applicants will agree to stay in membership/associate membership of Mandate Trade Union for twelve months after the bursary is paid.
12. Consideration of applications will be confined to those with receipts for fees paid which are received in your local Union Office by the closing date Friday 12th November 2021. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into in connection with any application after this date.
13. The decision of the National Executive Council on all matters relating to this Bursary Scheme will be final.