To: All Mandate Members Heatons/Sports Direct/Brand Max
Re: Ongoing National Pay Talks
From: National Negotiating Team
Date: 21st January 2021
As you will be aware the most recent pay agreement with your employer expired on the 31st of March 2020. The National Negotiating Team met with Company representatives on Tuesday the 19th of January. Please see below a copy of the correspondence sent to the company regarding the outstanding pay and benefits claim.
Clearly there remains much uncertainty regarding the full reopening of retail. Both sides agreed to meet again in the next few weeks.
On behalf of the National Negotiating Team
Mr. Tiernan Doherty,
Re: Heatons/Mandate National Agreement
Dear Mr. Doherty,
As you are aware, our Heatons/Mandate National Agreement 2018 expired on the 31st March 2020. Following on from a meeting of our National Negotiation Team on Monday, 19th October 2020, where the results of the Heatons Staff Survey was discussed, the following claim has been formulated. It is understandable that meetings to-date have not taken place due to Covid 19, however, we are seeking a meeting to discuss the following:
1. A claim for a general increase in pay together with a review of the pay scale.
2. A review of average hours to ensure that staff contracts provide stability and reflect working hours by way of Banded Hour Contract or an amendment to existing Contract to reflect actual hours worked.
3. A review of Banded Hour Contracts.
4. A claim for a two week roster.
5. A review of the 5 Star Scheme in Sports and the Sales Incentive Scheme in Heatons/Brand Max.
6. A review of Security for all Stores.
7. Covid-19 Guidelines and Health and Safety.
8. Union Induction Meetings.
In advance of our meeting, it would be helpful if you would provide the number of employees who are on a Banded Contract, a breakdown of the Bands of Hours and the number of employees on each Band. The breakdown of the annual pay-out for each Store for the 5 Star Scheme in Sport and the Sales Incentive Scheme in Heatons/Brand Max.
I would appreciate if you would contact me to arrange a date to meet in order to discuss the above.
I look forward to hearing from you.